Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Vegas: Play Time!

I purchased "2" First Class tickets on Southwest Airlines -- when you're normally a non-rev, any purchased ticket is first class. We are headed to Las Vegas!

I may fly planes, but I also love to watch the horses fly.  Due to life, we no longer own our own racehorses. But we had some beauties...

Slew Of the Night

Las Vegas Hilton: Handicappers Tournament. 
$400 buy in. $50 room. 200 horse players. 4-5 tracks. 120 races.
Good time: Priceless

How the tournament works: You buy-in and they give you $3000 a day to play. $300 a race for 10 races. You have the choice of 4 tracks, one day 5, to bet. Mix and match tracks and races. Your play money is bet at the windows like real money. But the winnings are points. The pilot with the most points wins. Wait... did I just say pilot? I mean player. Ha ha.  I intend on winning.
First place: $38,000

Join me on playing the ponies this week. If you have tips send them my way.  I'm a very good handicapper, but  It's been a few years.  With horses, however, you have to be lucky too. Did I say I'm also lucky?

The best is when you're good and lucky!

Breeders Cup Classic is Saturday. Can Zenyetta do it? I think so!

Have a great day!

Enjoy the Journey

~Karlene

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like SO much fun! You don't know how bad I wish I was with you! I love horse racing. I've been a huge fan of it since I was little. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather. You love horse racing? Dick's favorite thing in the entire world. So... I'm seeing a trip in our future! Derby next year???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are a really a lucky girl :-)
    I would love being around in the States and attending horse races instead of trying to memorize OPS items for the ATPL training.

    Btw, can you briefly explain what non-rev is? Is it maybe related to "no revenues"?

    Good luck with your betting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a lucky girl. Sometimes I think we're all walking around lucky and don't even know it.

    Remember-- memorizing your OPS items for the ATPL training now, WILL enable you to play in your future too.

    Non-rev: You got it! Non revenue tickets. Hitchhiking. Jump seating. A free ride.

    Thanks for your comments and remember to study hard. You will do great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!