Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Dreams Do Come True:

With Two Easy Steps:

Step 1: Take One Action Toward Your Dream Today.
Step 2: Follow Step 1 Daily.


December 2011, Jun Nishioka traveled to the United States in pursuit of his dream—to fly. He stayed with my family the week prior to Christmas Holiday last year, and then pressed on to Florida to study flight, and earn his pilots’ licenses.

 
 Jun's visit 2011
 

For those who think this was an easy thing to do, you would be mistaken. Imagine traveling halfway across the world to a foreign country, being alone on Christmas away from family and friends, with language as a challenge.

Jun is an inspiration. He pressed forward despite all obstacles. 

 
 Jun with Seattle Grandma

Last week, Jun visited my family again. This time on his way home to Osaka, and holding something special—his pilot license with commercial, instrument and multi-engine ratings. But more than that, he found something else. 

 

“I went to Florida to get my pilot’s license. But I found my confidence.”

He had an air about him. Pride and achievement induced—yes. But there was more. He had found confidence, and he glowed. He is one of the few people in the world who can fly a plane. And he did this by pushing himself, one day at a time. He had the courage to follow his dream instead of just talking about it. 

 
 2012 visit to Museum of Flight
 

His next step is to convert his U.S. Licenses to Japan’s licenses—another daunting challenge. One that will take dedication, that we all know Jun has.

Jun, we are all so very proud of you. I know you will reach all dreams. What is Jun looking forward to now? 

 

“I cannot wait to start my next chapter.”

While in Seattle we visited Snoqualmie Falls, and enjoyed lunch in the Attic at Salish LodgeThe manager, David, took us on a tour of the hotel and we explored the rooms and the spa. Why did we do this? This is a setting in my next novel, Flight For Safety.

 
 

Jun flew on a buddy pass back to Osaka on Saturday. Unfortunately a Typhoon in Osaka created a four-hour delay in Seattle. But a business class seat...for this first class young man... made the wait worth it. 

 

I am going to have fun watching Jun Fly into his future. There will be many headwinds along the way, but I know at the end of his journey he will have achieved everything he set out for, and more.

 

What will you do today, in pursuit of your dream?
 

Enjoy the Journey!

XO Karlene

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jun, on all your achievements so far! And best of luck to you with the conversion! Looks like you had a wonderful stay in Seattle!

    I can confirm that the possession of a pilot license really does boost your confidence. It is incredible. It is like if you can fly, you can do almost anything.

    Best of luck to Jun, and thanks for sharing this story Karlene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cecilie for your wonderful comment. I think he's run into that headwind in the form or a Typhoon on the conversion. But I know he can make it work.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic, Jun! I had no doubt you would do it. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. We only wished you were still in town to say hello! Enjoy your vacation!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations To Jun and all those who keep going for their dreams! Good luck to Jun with licences conversion! I'm converting too and it hasn't been easy, but it's not impossible.

    Thanks a lot for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marisel, can you email me? Jun has run into a huge snag. It would be nice to get together with someone who is doing this too. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Way to go, Jun!! Getting my pilot licenses in Japan would have been a huge undertaking...I can't even imagine what you went through with the language and cultural challenges. I know you can do whatever you set out to do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! Can you imagine if we went to another country to learn to fly? An amazing feat. All the success to him for sure.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations again Jun! It was great to meet you and get to know you. I wish you the best of luck in the future and I hope you get a job soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great to see you and Rachel Daniel. I'm glad you had a chance to meet him. Hopefully that job will come soon.

      Delete
  6. Karlene san!! Thank you so much to keep me motivated,and the post! I do appreciate your kindness.
    It was so fun spending time in Seattle.
    Cecil san! Linda san! Marisel san! Kathy san! Thank you very much for the warm messages.Let's keep going together!
    warm regards,
    Jun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jun. Don't let that Typhoon get to you. You will make it. I have faith and know you will make it happen. We will keep in touch!

      Delete
  7. Congratulation Jun....dreams really do come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Frank. Yes, they do with a lot of hard work!

      Delete
  8. When I fall on the ground, there is always something in your post that helps me to get myself up. This is one of things that keep me holding tight to my dream, flying of course. Thanks Karlene :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, I am so glad. Just keep holding tight. I know that your dreams will come true. Just make sure you don't stay on that ground too long. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!