Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Friday, September 15, 2017

Flying From One Life

To a Pilot's Life!

Friday's Fabulous Flyer! 

Lisa Hannon

Nothing in Life Happens by coincidence. Yesterday I was tagged in a FB post written by a fabulous woman who is shifting her life from working in the sky, to flying. But what captured me first was this photo! "Cleared" has a special meaning for me today. As do the events of September 5th. But that is a story for another day.  Then I got to the end of her post and realized how much we all impact each other in this world. Lisa certainly has impacted me today. 

Enjoy Lisa's message to all.... 

Lisa Hannon: 

"There will never be enough words to express my feelings on my departure … it's bittersweet.

I flew my very last trip 
as a flight attendant 
on September 5th.

There was absolutely no way to get a big, fat hug from everyone. So, I’ll depart with all of my unbelievably fond memories of my ASA family. 18 years of flying the friendly skies!! I can pour the hell out of a diet coke but, that was not my job… that was just my gig on stage. It’s all what happened behind the stage that counts the most to me. That’s were my heart is and all of my dear friends and work family I have grown to love over the years. 

There are too many fantastic times and places to list so, I won’t even try. I will also miss the passengers too (yes I said that). There were so many people from all walks of life who have touched my heart and soul. My only regret was not keeping a journal…. however, some memories were just too good to write down. And, the not so good memories, well… I could write a book on it all, but I won’t… those were the times I grew and they only shaped me into the person I am now.



This is absolutely one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do in my life. To leave a career I loved. But, I found a GREATER LOVE, and I’ve been working extremely hard these last 3+ years to reach it. I have had the courage to follow my heart, and, the intuition, guidance and strength to reach my goals and dream job of becoming an airline pilot!!

I’m not there yet, but I am super close. It’s time for me to go and focus solely on my flying and building flight time as a pilot. I’ve completed all of my flight training and I will now take a position as a flight instructor, 

and...
I CANNOT WAIT !!!!!!

I will miss all of my flying crew/work family/life-long friends…. It’s definitely not goodbye but, until we meet again!

I am the Captain of my Life …

“When you fly toward a dream embraced by passion in your soul, the clouds part, the sun shines and the rainbow guides you to your deepest desires.
~~Karlene Petitt

So, off I go …. 
into the wild blue yonder" Lisa Hannon

Lisa, thank you for sharing your story and how you are the Captain of Your Life! I hope we will fly together one day. When we have a chance, I will share the significance of seeing your photo holding that sign, as well as the impact of September 5th. But sharing the quote from my book was the most heartwarming gift you could have provided. Thank you! Many hugs coming your way. 

Fly Safe 
Blue Skies and Happy Landings! 


You, too, Can be the Captain of Your Life! 

Enjoy the Journey!
XOX Karlene 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!